BIM & Digital EngineerLocation: Warrington, GB, WA3 6YD Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ Company: Cavendish Nuclear Onsite or Hybrid: Hybrid
Job Title: BIM Digital Engineer
Location: Bristol/Warrington/Newbury UK – Hybrid working (1 day per week in local Cavendish Nuclear hub)
Compensation: £40,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 47226
Amplify your impact
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a BIM Digital Engineer.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The BIM Digital Engineer role is within our Cavendish Nuclear business
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we’re innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group – from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new BIM Digital Engineer will make
As a BIM Digital Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. There are huge projects being undertaken by Cavendish Nuclear and within these there are multiple packages of work across different disciplines within the design function. The purpose of this role is to federate these together using BIM
Day to day, you’ll make sure that models are compliant with BIM standards, using various software within Autodesk to carry out checks. You will also assign actions to other teams and run weekly meetings
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working, with 1 day a week at your local Cavendish Nuclear hub required, and home working.
- Experience delivering BIM level 2 project
- Knowledge of ISO19650 standards
- Experience using Autodesk - Revit (desirable), Navisworks (essential)
- Federating multi-discipline models
- HNC minimum in Engineering discipline (Mechanical or Civil engineering desirable, others considered)
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 7.5% of salary, with life assurance
- Loyalty Recognition
- Profession membership subscriptions – Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Environmental Engineering, CSR, Civil Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Management