Job descriptionJob no: 517138
Brand: Scott Dunn
Work type: Full time
Categories: Leisure Travel & Retail
Scott Dunn is an award-winning luxury tour operator creating tailor-made holidays to destinations all over the world. With offices in the UK, US and Singapore, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service to all our guests from the moment they begin their research online, right the way through to post-holiday evaluations.
If you are familiar with the myriad of contrasts throughout this awe-inspiring region where high-tech meets natural spectacle and where weird meets wonderful, you will fit in well with the Asia sales team. Your expert advice will be paramount to making our guests dreams come true – and the extra touches and flair you add to the itinerary are things that will keep your guests coming back time and time again. We have travelled the length and breadth of North Asia, China and Japan and tested every possible route to enable us to curate itineraries that work seamlessly, taking in the country’s many highlights at just the right pace. Packed with the unique experiences and handpicked hotels, our trips deliver unforgettable travel moments.
- To take ownership of all aspects of selling and booking a holiday, including written and verbal quotations and holiday documentation
- To work towards individual and team sales targets and meet Key Performance Indicators
- To develop excellent product knowledge for Asia but also within all areas of the Scott Dunn portfolio
- To support all marketing initiatives including brochure production, website management, email campaigns, PR, and promotional events
- To meet guests on a face-to-face basis when required
- To contact guests on their return to receive feedback and create new enquiries
- To learn and become conversant with all computer software applications
- To work closely with all departments and teams
- To deliver excellent guest service at all stages of booking and demonstrate the key values of Scott Dunn
- Taking responsibility for the guest journey from first contact to post travel and repeat travel
- Demonstrating excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all communication with guests
- Speaking to all guests on the phone and organising their holiday, by effectively listening to the guest and their requirements
- Using sales skills to convert enquiries into bookings
- Responding to all enquiries in an efficient and timely manner
- Handling high volumes of guest phone calls during peak periods
- Management of invoices including handling payments, collecting guest details and organising pre-arrival information
- Completing all travel documentation within specified time frames
- Maintaining contact with guests between booking and departure date, including arranging all concierge requirements
- Recording essential data and information using Scott Dunn’s IT software
- Acting on any feedback or compliant swiftly to ensure a great guest experience, liasing with the Guest Relations Manager where necessary
- Booking of guest flights and managing reservations through Travelport
- Attending all internal and external training courses
- Conducting familiarisation trips abroad and presenting back to the teams and update website
- Training colleagues with knowledge gained from areas visited
- Accounting for costs and margins on each booking
- Contributing to the team over and above standard sales and service requirements
- Sales driven with a keen eye for numbers
- Extensive Asia travel
- Enthusiastic and polite telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail and proven organisational skills
- Previous experience of delivering high levels of customer service to HNWIs
Values & Behaviours
All employees must promote, understand and apply Scott Dunn’s workplace values. These are embedded in all roles and applicants must evidence the values as part of the application process.
- In the know - Start by listening. We take the time to understand our guests’ and colleagues needs. Be Precise. We take pride in getting every detail right. Own it. We deliver on commitments we make.
- In the Detail - Love learning. We energetically seek out and share new ideas and insights. Embrace feedback. We continuously seek to improve by sharing and accepting honest feedback. Work with the best. We attract, retrain and partner with the best.
- Inspiring - Look to the future. We constantly seek opportunities to make travel memorable and sustainable. Be more we. We work together collaboratively and value different viewpoints. Win together. We celebrate each other’s successes and have fun.
We aim to find someone who is happy to work on a hybrid basis, being office based at our premises in Hammersmith for at least 3 days a week. There will be an induction / training period initially, where you may be required to attend the office daily. We are not considering remote workers for this role.
We offer very competitive salaries and a great benefits package including the following:
- 23 days annual leave (rising 1 day for each year of service, max 30)
- Company loyalty scheme (personal travel fund)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Familiarisation trips
- 1 paid Learning Day per month
- Travel insurance
- ‘Cycle to work’ scheme
- Social events