Location - Pennyfields, Sandhurst
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 8,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Scheme Manager to work across two services in Bracknell Forest. Pennyfields is a supported living service for fourmen with learning disabilities and autism. They enjoy a range of activities and will be supported to learn life skills and promote independence. Downshire Cottage is a supported living service for oneservice userwho requires one to onesupport at all times, due to his learning disability.
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic individual who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to develop into management. The Care and Supported Housing Scheme manager will be trained to be part of the management team which provides a good quality service and promotes high standards of practice, conducive to meeting the social, emotional, and physical care/support needs of the service users.
You will also be required to provide a flexible service, which responds to changing needs. This includes ensuring the services run smoothly on a day-to-day basis, by working as part of the team providing personal and physical care and support. You will ensure needs are met and be involved in moving the service forward with new ideas to drive up quality and acting as a role model for staff at the service.
In the absence of the Operations Manager, you will provide management support as required, under the guidance of the Care and Supported Housing Manager and liaisons with the Local Authority Team. This includes ensuring that the services comply with the relevant care standards and Health and Safety legislation.
Your role as a Scheme Manager will be to support the management team to ensure the services run smoothly on a day-to-day basis and you will be involved in moving the services forwardand developing new ideas. You will provide line management, supervision, coaching and support and take a hands-on approach to care and support management.
- be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services.
- have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and will ideally have experience of supervising staff.
- Have a `can-do` attitude and driven by the desire to make a difference
- have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £30,831pa for a 37.5 hour week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are a Disability Confident Employer.