Date: Mar 31, 2023
Location: Warwick, GB, CV34 6DA
Company: National Grid
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry. To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business IT and Digital works in a harmonised partnership with the National Grid group of diverse energy businesses to deliver technology which revolutionises the way we operate. As we lead the charge towards a carbon-free future, our teams are embracing disruptive changes in our industry by working with Agile methodologies and adopting Digital mindsets to drive efficiency and bring new capabilities for our internal and external customers. Our work here is critical. National Grid moves energy to millions of homes and businesses in the UK and US and the technology we utilise to complete that task is down to us. The successful applicant for this position will be an integral contributor towards this goal and we will support your professional development as part of our multi-cultural, customer-centric global team.
What you'll do
National Grid is seeking an adaptable and results-oriented Vendor Manager who is expert in
- commercial contracts for IT and digital service requirements including application development and
- maintenance services
- relationship building both with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors
- managing large corporate managed service agreements delivering extensive services to internal IT and digital organisations supporting the delivery of day to day operations and to support projects
As IT Vendor Manager - Professional Services you will deliver strong commercial support to service delivery and project delivery teams to drive the development and release of innovative features and services to answer our most pressing business needs.
You will be embedded within a team of vendor and contract management professionals and work closely with a wide range of internal stakeholders to ensure their service requirements are understood, sourced and delivered to provide maximum value to our business whilst maintain appropriate levels of risk.
Key accountabilities include:
- Identify key internal stakeholders and setup/deliver an appropriate engagement model to ensure that stakeholder requirements (including the demand for services) are understood and met
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to support the delivery of their requirements in line with the agreed timescales, quality levels and KPIs/SLAs
- Understand a portfolio of managed services contracts (to be assigned) and provide contract management support through the lifecycle of such agreements including
- contract administration
- change management
- dispute and escalation management
- cost control/reduction management
- deliverable and obligation oversight and management
- exit management
- Proactively identify, build and maintain strong strategic relationships with vendor in order to understand and influence external opinion and maintain a strong reputation for National Grid.
- Provide the necessary commercial and contractual support to delivery teams to ensure they have services delivered as required.
- Lead on the strategy, scoping and negotiation of commercial agreements of all kinds to meet the business' strategic service and project needs and ensure robust agreements are completed on time and in line with agreed quality and cost measures.
- Develop policies and procedures as needed to support the internal stakeholder engagement and external vendor management.
- Manage a small team (including external consultants and contractor resources) and self, to deliver these services to delivery teams and business projects against agreed KPIs that guarantee timely and high quality outputs within an agreed budget.
- Develop team members in the capabilities required to develop and negotiate commercial agreements with project partners, manage large and complex managed service contracts, create opportunities for meaningful experiences to develop junior staff and ensure an enduring capability is created within the team creating strong succession plans and clear development pathways for staff
What you'll need
- Strong demonstrable experience of managing relationships with industry participants and regulatory bodies
- Extensive vendor management/relationship skills experience
- Contract administration (Full understanding of Commercial Terms & Conditions), licensing, business development or procurement experience
- Strong experience in managing IT suppliers preferably managed service/outsource contracts
- Strong organizational skills with high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (Verbal & Written,), analytical and time management skills
- Familiar with Project Management tools & methodologies such as Gantt charts
- Experience using Ariba Contract Management tool
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and intellectually demanding environment
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary between £55,000 - £70,000 dependent on capability
- 15% Annual Performance Bonus
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- A competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum
- company contribution of 12%, giving a total of 18% to your pension pot
- Life Insurance at 10 times basic salary
- Access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and
- technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
We encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
Closing Date for applications: 9 April 2023
Location: Warwick with Hybrid working
Grade: Band D
Hiring Manager: Stuart Anderton
For further information please contact [email protected]
Global IT /Permanent
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.