We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Reporitng Analyst to join our London Finance team.
What will you do:
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly internal client reporting to client partners and international teams
- Producing, assessing and constructively critiquing external client reporting
- Gaining the trust of the partners, working effectively with the client relationship partners and the Business Development team
- Tracking client volume discounts, flagging when discounts are exceeding thresholds and communicating with the billing, credit control and accounting teams
- Reviewing reports for discrepancies, outliers and other issues
- Assisting the designing reporting to clients, including testing and validating new reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness of data.
- Understanding the clients' needs and how best we can satisfy them
- Reviewing client and matter profitability providing commentary on key levers of performance including leverage, write-offs, realisation and costs.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for Adaptive consultancy business and presenting to HR stakeholders
- Understanding and providing commentary on KPIs, fee earner utilisation, billings and collections
- Assisting with the production of matter budgets and explaining the matter tracker tool.
What we are looking for:
Type of person we're looking for:
- A can-do, solution oriented approach
- A high attention to detail, and ability to spot discrepancies
- Excellent Excel skills and willingness to learn new systems
- Team player
- Great communication skills including the ability to explain numbers to non-finance professionals
- Ability to form good working relationships - both internally and with our clients
- Ability to work with people remotely
- Ability to set timetables and keep to them
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritise
- Self-motivation and commitment, as well as enthusiasm in supporting new processes and change
Key experience required:
- Proven track record of forming strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience of working within professional services - law or consultancy preferable
- Experience in a reporting role or working with large quantities of data
- An accounting qualification preferable but not compulsory
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. An inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
- Competitive Offer Package including bonus's dependant on role/level, private medical insurance & pension contribution to name a few.
- Our global skills academy provides our people - regardless of their role and location - with the best learning opportunities the firm has to offer (including podcasts, short videos, live workshops and practical learning experiences).
- Dress 'for your day' Code.
- Hybrid working approach of 2 days a week required in the office with flexibility dependant on role/team/client demands.
- A wide range of international offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore.
- All offices have their own artwork collections - with a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office. We have a long standing history in supporting the art community especially up and coming artists.
- The creation of Simmons & Simmons Solutions - bringing together the best legal advice from our established legal teams with non-traditional capabilities that enhance, expand and differentiate the Simmons offering.
- Top 50 Employer for Social Mobility in the Social Mobility Employer Index 2021 (we have received this award five times).
- We have Social and Sport Committees contributing to Xmas & Summer parties, end of month social and various sporting events.
- We also have a range of Diversity Network Groups including LGBT+, Emerge (Race & Ethnicity) and The Number One Club (Women's network) who have organised various talks and events firmwide.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position then please contact the Recruitment Team with any questions. To apply for the role please click on the link at the bottom of the page/visit the career pages on our website, where there is also a detailed job description.