Job descriptionTechnology powers everything we do at Man Group. Our teams ensure the firm has a robust tech platform that facilitates alpha generation, portfolio management, trade execution, operations, compliance, risk management and accounting, as well as providing “firm-wide” end user collaboration tools. We are continually investing in our people, hardware, data and platform technology. We believe it’s the place to be if you want to work where open, forward-thinking, collaborative technology meets both quantitative and discretionary investment management. What Does this Programme Offer? Man Group are proud to be part of a partnership with Goldman Sachs and The University of Warwick to offer an MSc in Digital and Technological Solutions, alongside a role within our own technology teams. The programme is designed to fast-track entry-level technologists into a successful, challenging and rewarding career in one of the world’s largest asset managers. This programme offers a unique opportunity for those with minimal coding experience to break into the technology industry. The programme is split with 80% of the candidate’s time spent working within a technology team at Man Group, and 20% spent studying on campus at The University of Warwick. Whilst at Warwick students will be studying for an MSc in Digital and Technological Solutions, a course that has been designed in collaboration with Man Group and Goldman Sachs engineers, and has been curated to cover topics which we recognize are in high demand within our field. There will additionally be opportunities for candidates to rotate between teams and gain a broader experience of our usage of technology within Man Group. The master’s degree is funded in full, and your salary will be paid by Man Group in line with our full-time technology graduates. Who Is Man Group Looking For? This scheme is funded in part by the government apprenticeship levy, which comes with specific constraints, as well as academic requirements specific to The University of Warwick. Applicants will require:
- A minimum 2:2 classification in a STEM related bachelor’s degree
- Availability to join by September 2023 and commit to two years of studies.
- A demonstrable passion for technology.
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in a fast-paced and innovative industry.
- A strong set of logical problem-solving skills, effective communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to think critically whilst working effectively in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Your current CV (no cover letter is required), as well as
- Your responses to the following three questions, ensuring each answer is no more than 200 words (please upload the document in the ‘cover letter’ field):
- Alpha Platform Technology – responsible for the common front-office platform, comprising Data Engineering, Python Research and Development Infrastructure and Linux High Performance Compute.
- Execution Technology – responsible for all Electronic Execution Technology and Trader facing tools.
- Risk Technology – responsible for front office Risk Technology and Risk Reporting.
- AHL Technology – responsible for technology specific to Man AHL, a quant systematic investment manager.
- GLG Technology – responsible for technology specific to Man GLG, a fundamental discretionary investment manager.
- Numeric Technology – responsible for technology specific to Man Numeric, a quant systematic investment manager.
- GPM Technology - responsible for technology specific to Man GPM, a private markets business focused on real-estate assets.
All Related Listed jobs
DHL Supply Chain Birmingham £28,500 - £32,000 a year 1 day ago
Autoglass Northampton £25,632 a year 10 days ago
Mars Slough SL1 £99,000 - £120,000 a year 2 days ago
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Bradford BD9 £88,364 - £119,133 a year 8 days ago