- The Berkeley
- Full time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Events Waiter/ess (Casual basis) to join the Events Operations team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As an Events Waiter/ess you will be working on both large and small functions doing silver service. This is a casual position and it may be suitable for students or those looking for a flexible work pattern, which include shifts starting early in the morning, finishing late at night and also weekends. In exchange we offer a great atmosphere to work in with a very creative and innovative team, free meals on duty, uniform and excellent pay as well as development opportunities.
Main responsibilities of the Events Waiter/ess include, but are not limited to:
- Basic knowledge about food production & menu items.
- Deliver high levels of private dining service standards.
- Ensure efficient and effective operations at all times to the complete satisfactions of client and guests and company standards and expectations.
Successful candidates for the Events Waiter/ess will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
- Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.