What we offer:
At McCarthy Stone we recognise that people are the key to our success. You will have opportunities to help you to develop whilst gaining practical experience in our Industry. You will work in an environment where you can fulfil your personal potential, with the support you need to put yourself into a learning mode and the experience and challenges to help you grow. Including:
- Joining a team of apprentices across the country developing and supporting each other.
- Following the Level-4 Construction Site Supervisor Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard, which includes a HNC in Construction and the Built Environment. It will take up to 27-months to complete this.
- One-day each week will be dedicated entirely to lectures and studying for your apprenticeship qualification. The apprenticeship will be delivered by our provider via blended learning, combining online lectures and tri-annual training weeks delivered face to face.
- You will be supported to obtain a CSCS card, which you will need to have before you can start work on site.
- Regular reviews with your training provider, line manager and workplace mentor, in addition to wrap-around support from the Talent and Learning team.
- You'll be encouraged to take ownership and responsibility. We challenge the status quo and empower everyone to share ideas – if you think there's a better way of doing things, we'll be all ears.
And the best part of the programme? It's on us, meaning you won't pay a single penny in tuition fees!
Questions and Answers:
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a paid job which offers hands-on work experience alongside off-the-job training. As an apprentice you are an employee with a contract of employment, holiday leave and all the benefits of being a full-time member of staff. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career along with practical experience and a nationally recognised qualification.
Tell me about the role!
As a Construction Management Apprentice, you can expect to assist in the responsibility of a project section or work package where you'll manage the on-site health, safety, and quality. You'll work alongside the wider construction teams and report on the progress of any projects, whilst also liaising with third parties such as councils, utilities, and sub-contractors
What can you bring to us?
To be eligible for our Construction Management Apprenticeship you must be at least 18 years of age and hold a Level 4 in GCSE Maths and English, along with one of the following:
2 A-Levels or Level 3 BTEC qualifications will also be considered, preferably with some work experience
- Hold a full UK driving license due to the nature of the role.
- Some knowledge of trades and their processes is an advantage but not a requirement.
You will be:
- Enthusiastic with a genuine interest in pursuing a career within construction.
- Willing to learn, be self-motivated and organised. You are always improving, open and curious, you learn from your mistakes.
- Committed to our organisation’s goals and values. You’re motivated to contribute to the team’s success, and you have a sense of how our homes help our customers increase their wellbeing and happiness in later life.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team and communicate effectively
- Computer literate and have experience in Microsoft Office software.
Applicants will be considered on merit, taking into consideration work experience and previous qualifications.
We're proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
Access to Extras – our flexible benefits platform with a huge range of discounts on some of your favourite brands
- 24 days annual holiday (rising to 28) plus Bank Holidays
- 2 fully paid volunteering days per year (supported by the McCarthy Stone Foundation)
- Health Benefits Remote GP service; EAP Services (including counsellors) and Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
- Our application closing date is 11th April 2023
- You may not be contacted until the application date closes
- Successful candidates will be invited to an Assessment Centre in Summer 2023
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early.
At McCarthy Stone, we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our colleagues. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background